Saturday, November 7, 2009

on board a southwest flight

Sitting on board a Southwest flight not knowing what to do and with about an hour and half to kill, I thought I should probably dust off my old blogspot account (oh wait it's now probably called google blogger? and yeah technically I can't access my account on the G cloud; I'm talking about resorting to a good old method of writing (typing probably) on notepad and posting it later). The next question is to what to write on. That's when I realiz(s)e that I'm better of yapping away rather than typing out those random thoughts....


[Aah here comes the southwest special, couple of peanuts packet.....wondering why the flight attendants never give you a packet each of peanuts and pretzels instead of giving two of a kind....and why is that it's just me who asks for a one of each kind...and everyone around has a weird look on their face. Anyway gotten a packet each of peanuts and pretzels. And probably helps when the flight is half-full or half-empty, which ever way you wanna look at life (I admit to stealing this from a flight attendant). And when I'm ranting about the lack of variety here comes the beverage, I've gone for the apple juice WITH NO ICE this time instead of my favorite orange juice...and guy next to me wanted a rum with coke and I'm not enjoying the smell/odo(u)r very much and what's worse the cup is broken with the beverage dripping down.]


WOW....it's 45 mins since takeoff.....and this probably shows how bad I'm at putting my thoughts to text.....

Here's the actual content I wanted to blabber about and forgive me if it sounds a bit (lot?) silly...
I'm gonna make a list of airports I've been to all my life (transits included, marked with a T):
[City, Country, Airport Code]
1. Chennai previously Madras, India, MAA
2. Mumbai previously Bombay, India , BOM?
3. Delhi ,India , ?
4. Secundrabad (old airport), India, ?
5. new Bengaluru (prevously Baglore) airport, India, BLR?
6. Dubai, UAE, ?
7. Kula Lumpur,Malaysia , KL? - T
8. Taiwan, Chinese Taipei, ? - T
7. Los Angeles, US, LAX
8. Phoenix (AZ), US, ? - T
9. Newark (NJ), US , EWR
10. Charlette (NC), US, ? - T
11. San Jose (CA), US, SJC
12. Hong Kong, China?, HKG? - T
13. Singapore, Singapore, ? - T
14. Bangkok, Thailand, ? - T
15. London, UK, HTR? HRT? - T
16. Las Vegas, US, LAS
17. Detroit, US, ? - T
18. Buffalo, US, BUF
19. Chicago (Midway), US, MDW? - T
20. Portland, US, PDX (destination of the current flight)

Aah well...the person next to shows me his FIFA game on IPHONE and says it's the best game....GRRR I should've kept quiet instead of saying that I like FIFA but not the Iphone....WHY he retorts....I'm a PC i say. I understand, he goes on saying that programmer has to use the PC....I should've probably shut up now instead of saying that I've been brought up on PC and find switching to MAC hard(good that I din't retort saying I use LINUX at work).....getting used to a MAC is easy......viruses aren't an issue on MAC he goes on....emphasiz(s)ing that MAC firewall is good....Finally I shut up and smiled wondering what use my security class at USC was of not knowing that firewalls could stop viruses....You should probably get a MAC he insists....I nod in agreement....


Another 20 odd minutes to go....and I guess I'm probably calling it quits here....
Final descent has begun, pilot announces....
Given that this post makes it to the cloud...given that you've made it this far....

The final descent on the flight happened in rain and it was an awesome sight just to look out of the window. Water droplets were like strings flowing paralell to the flight reminding me of the space crafts in the good old sci-fi cartoons....

No comments: